Join the Good For Her team! Make a difference in people’s sex lives!
We are looking for a Part-Time Administrative Coordinator for our fun, collaborative and socially progressive sex shop and workshop centre.
Candidates should have experience in sexual health, education or sex work. This position entails performing financial and administrative duties, including payroll, bookkeeping, filing, reconciliations, benefits and technology management as well as customer service relief. We offer a competitive wage, full benefits and a collaborative and progressive working environment.
Candidates must also be self-motivated, organized, committed to anti-oppression and intersectional policies and be willing to work a flexible schedule.
Must be available Mon- Fri until 7pm and occasional weekends.
Good For Her is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from people of colour, black and indigenous people, trans and non-binary folks and others who may contribute to the further diversification of our staff team. We ask that applicants please self-identify on their applications.
Interested? Awesome! Stop by with resume and cover letter to 175 Harbord St. by May 10th.
We regret that Good for Her is not fully accessible.
We thank individuals for applying, however, only applicants invited for an interview will have their applications acknowledged.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Good For Her Administrative Coordinator (AC)
The principal task of the Administrative Coordinator is to manage the the day-to-day coordination of the finance and administration of Good For Her.
The AC will provide customer service and staff relief when extra help is required.
The duties of the AC will include:
- Prepares regular bill payments in a timely manner
- Oversees filing and reconciling of invoices and receipts for cash, credit card and cheque payment using Quickbooks and ensures accounts are up-to-date
- Initiates and sustains contact with suppliers regarding payment of invoices (advocates for Good For Her)
- Oversees bank statement reconciliations
- Calculates and prepares payroll cheques for staff (including vacation pay) and associated government remittances using Wagepoint
- Keeps track of sick time used and remaining for staff
- Anticipates and prepares cash requirements, performs bank deposits and pays government remittances
- Addresses credit card chargebacks and disputes in a timely manner
- Prepares end-of-year reports for owner to review and bring to the accountant
- Prepares and maintains office files
- Sorts and files GFH mail, paperwork, catalogues etc.
- Prepares administrative and operations/finance related correspondence and paperwork
- Anticipates and plans for administrative and financial requirements of the store including seasonal or special events (e.g. trade shows), physical reorganizations etc. and plans their time accordingly
- Controls costs by ensuring adequate supplies are ordered without creating overstock
- Liaises with suppliers regarding damaged stock and returns and ensures credits are issued for such returns
- Files all video membership forms and keeps them up-to-date
- Keeps up-to-date on webmail server and spam
- Coordinates workshop mailing for regular mail and e-mail lists
- Maintains equipment and needs of the store
- Prepares signage for products, sales, trade shows, and workshops
- Monitors the Good For Her affiliate program
- Understands the software for all store computer needs and supports other staff with their needs and liaises with technical support as needed
- Connects with floor manager and others to improve store functioning
- Writes procedures for staff to follow and solicits feedback
- Assists staff on administrative and financial issues
- Ensures payments of benefit invoices
- Adds, removes and changes staff information in a timely manner with benefits company (Empire Life)
- Assists staff on using the benefits package
- Liaises with owner and manager on changes to the plan
- Communicates clearly and respectfully within the team
- Maintains regular communication with store manager and staff via personal communication
- Incorporates an anti-oppression perspective into day-to-day work. Has awareness and knowledge about issues and experiences of racism, sexual abuse, violence, homophobia, transphobia, ageism, ableism and other forms of oppression. The Administrator adheres to GFH equity policies and procedures.
- Uses the supervision of the manager and owner effectively, seeking input or direction when needed.
- Makes sound and timely decisions based on scope of responsibility
- Consults with manager and/or owner when issues arise that are outside of the scope of responsibility or when unsure or would like feedback
- Provides customer service and staff relief for breaks/ sick days/ when extra help is required. May be asked to work outside of regular shifts.
- Is willing to work flexible shifts (days, weekends and evenings)
- Other duties as required
- Accuracy, thoroughness and exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Supports GFH policies around equity, anti-oppression and anti-racism
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively handle multiple tasks without compromising quality, team spirit and positive working relationships with all colleagues
- Flexibility with regard to work assignments
- Maturity, dependability, reliability and initiative; Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Willingness to fill in for absent staff on short notice
- Sense of confidentiality
- Works with integrity, honesty, and ethics.
- Proficiency with all GFH technology, websites, inventory systems, accounting and reconciling procedures, banking requirements
- A positive (and sex positive), professional, approachable attitude
Lines of Reporting
The Administrator reports to the owner.
Scheduling and Wages
The shift will be 3-5 days/week for an average of 25 hours/week.
May involve flexible shifts (days, weekends and evenings)
Pay is commensurate with experience