BabyDance Fertility Lubricant
Most everyday lubricants have a low pH and very high salt concentrations, and are harmful to sperm. It goes without saying that using one of these everyday lubricants when you are trying to get pregnant is counterproductive – you don’t want your lubricant to make it harder for you to get pregnant! The class of lubricants specifically designated as fertility lubricants undergo specialized testing to ensure that they won’t harm sperm or eggs. BabyDance has a pH of ~7 and mimics the consistency of your cervical secretions, which help the sperm to swim through your cervix to meet the egg for conception. Not only does BabyDance mimic your own body fluids, it contains no ingredients that can be harmful to eggs or sperm. Being cleared for fertility (PEB category) is a sure way to know a lubricant, such as BabyDance, is safe to use when you are trying to conceive.
Guaranteed to be sperm-friendly – each batch is tested to ensure it is safe for sperm and eggs.
Designed for trying to conceive couples – isotonic and pH-matched to mimic your own fertile fluids for a natural feeling.
- Purifed water: BabyDance is a water-based lubricant, and contains neither oils nor silcone
- Cetyl hydroxyethylcellulose: This ingredient is a polymer derived from cellulose (a naturally occurring component found in the cell walls of plants), which is included in BabyDance to provide thickening and maintain the proper viscosity
- Hypromellose: This ingredient is a semisynthetic polymer most well-known for its use in eye drops (artificial tears)
- Carbomer homopolymer type B: This ingredient is a thickening agent used in many types of cosmetics. It gives BabyDance its desired viscosity.
- Sodium and potassium phosphate: These ingredients are part of the pH buffering system that keeps BabyDance in the proper pH range (about 7)
- Sodium chloride: This is salt – just like the salt you use on your food. It is included in BabyDance to ensure BabyDance is isotonic
- Raspberry-derived xylose: This ingredient is a sugar that provides a building block for the formation of protective natural mucus and energy for healthy bacterial function
- Sodium hydroxide: This ingredient is a pH adjusting agent, included to be sure that BabyDance stays in the proper pH range (about 7)
- Phenethyl alcohol: This ingredient is a naturally occurring substance found in roses that helps preserve BabyDance
- Caprylyl glycol: This is a hydrating compound derived from caprylic acid (which is a a fatty acid found in palm and coconut oils). This ingredient has antimicrobial activity and is used to naturally preserve products, so that harsh chemicals like parabens can be avoided
- Salvia sclarea: Commonly known as Clary Sage, this ingredient is a botanical with natural antibacterial activity, which helps to preserve BabyDance without the need for parabens